We are actively looking for candidates to fill a postdoctoral position for the modeling and analysis of urban logistics systems through large data sets created by GPS, cellphone and transactional data of company operations, combined with human generated activity (e.g. social media, public transport).
- Perform applied research on quantifying, modeling and predicting last mile operations within the urban environment
- Collaborate with the lab’s multidisciplinary team, external research and industrial partners, including participating in applied projects with the lab partners
- Present research results at top workshops, conferences and internal project meetings
- Co-author articles for publication in leading peer-reviewed journals and top conferences
- Actively contribute in the design and initiation of new research projects and ideas in the field
- Ph.D. in physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or a related field.
- Ability of working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Problem solving skills and high creativity
- Experience in handling large-scale data sets is required.
- Practical skills in SQL, Matlab, Python are expected. C++, Java, Hadoop, MapReduce and other relevant technologies are a plus.
- Experience in transportation networks and/or social network analysis is a strong plus.
- Advanced to strong verbal and written English skills are expected.
The position is available immediately. We invite interested applicants to submit the following material to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- A 1-page cover letter stating the applicant’s interest in the position
- CV, which should include relevant accomplishments, data analysis examples and up to five relevant publications
- An applicant should be ready to provide references upon request
For further information or an informal discussion about the post, please contact Dr. Edgar E Blanco at email@example.com
Download the job posting here